Vermont, Spring 2011


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Vermont » Middlebury
March 19th 2011
Published: April 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Vermont Spring 2011


We made an impromptu trip to Vermont over a weekend. Left right after work on Friday. There was still a little snow on the ground. We stayed at the Middlebury Inn, which is an old hotel on the national historic registry. Breakfast was included in our stay and we had pancakes with real Vermont maple syrup. The town of Middlebury is like something out of book. It is beautiful, quaint, and has been untouched by corporate chains. It is a college town that is small, but has a lot of things to do because of the college. On Saturday, we drove into Burlington and walked around the Church Street Market Place. It is a little too commercial, but a neat place to walk around. We also drove up by Lake Champlain and walked out on the beach. We hope to move to Vermont someday. It is peaceful and filled with people who share our values. It would be a great place to have children some day. We then drove into Montpelier and had lunch at a small independently owned cafe. What I loved about the restaurants in Vermont is that no matter where we went there was a sign on the front window certifying that the restaurant served only organic, free range, and local meat and dairy products. We ended up back in Middlebury in the evening and went out to a local pub for dinner. We finished the night at small bar with live music. It was the perfect getaway.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.232s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb