Angels Landing


Advertisement
Published: July 6th 2002
Edit Blog Post

The drive to Zion National Park took us through Hurricane, a small town that obviously makes nearly all of its money from the traffic on the way to Zion National Park, stopped for breakfast at Jerry's' Diner and had the best 1/2 pound cheese burger in the US so far - $3.70 with fries.

At Zion National Park we hiked up a trail known as Angels Landing, about 4 hours trek there and back and a treacherous section involving steep drops and chains. Again we were treated to some spectacular views. But the weirdest thing was the people we got chatting to at the top. One guy from the bronx knew London as he had appeared on Top of The Pops in a band called Soul System, another guy was seeing 2 Shakespear plays a day at Cedar City... would you believe it.

On leaving Zion we drove down to San Deigo to drop the car off at Alamo - we bought a Jack in the Box burger and soda in Las Vegas, and reached San Diego at 3.00am. We couldn't find anywhere to stay. We found a 24hr drive through that didn't open until 5am... but found a Jack in the Box and got soda refills... we'd been there earlier.

We slept in the car outside the Alamo car rental office, until 5am and checked the car in. Made our way down town on the San Deigo trolley and looked forward to a nice shower and a comfortable hostel bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

MeMe
Me

Hey good looking...


16th October 2004

Zion National Park - Angels Landing
Angels Landing must be one of the best all time hikes that the average hiker can go on. The trail is fun, the view at the top is spectacular and it is easy to get to. What more can we ask for? ~tanya http://www.zionnational-park.com
14th November 2005

I was scared
Its not easy to admit when scared, but at some points that trail is just scary. I was pumped and felt a high once I got back down, but man it was a feat and I felt accomplished when done.
29th January 2007

some years ago i did the Angels landing hike, on top i was feeling proud, but then i noticed an old lady who say she was 81...she did the hike more than 30 years ago with no chains at all. That was scary ;-)

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb