Day 25 - 27 Yosemite – Mammoth Lakes – No Man’s Land – Cedar City, Utah


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Cedar City
November 2nd 2011
Published: November 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Baby Owl and Half DomeBaby Owl and Half DomeBaby Owl and Half Dome

Yosemite Nat. Park, Ca
Our drive through Yosemite National Park was picturesque. We took time to stop and enjoy the view and breathe the fresh, clean air. We also found 12 inch pine cones, which we were tempted to bring home, but we didn’t have enough room in the SUV and we didn’t think Mother Earth would appreciate it.

We stayed in a quaint, ski resort village called Mammoth Lakes. We were warned that the bears were extra hungry and came into town every night. We slept the best yet in the cool mountain air and didn’t see or hear any bears. (Not even Joe snoring!)

We spent the next day driving through “No Man, Or Woman’s Land” across Nevada. The land was desolate and we happened upon cowboy towns, tumble weed, wild horses and drove through a dust storm. It was truly an adventure, however were thrilled to arrive back in civilization, Cedar City, Utah.

We visited Kolob Canyon and were in awe of the landscape and the beginning of the Grand Canyon. We were blown away when were toured the Zion National Park. There are just no words to describe it.

We have been blessed with good weather during
Olmsted Point, Half DomeOlmsted Point, Half DomeOlmsted Point, Half Dome

Yosemite Nat. Park, Ca
our Wanderlust Tour and arrived just after a snow squall in Utah. It was time to pack up our summer clothes and dig out the winter coats and mittens. It was a gift to see a powdering of white snow on the red rocks of Utah.

We’re on the road again tomorrow...next stop Colorado!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Tenaya LakeTenaya Lake
Tenaya Lake

Yosemite Nat. Park, Ca
Tioga LakeTioga Lake
Tioga Lake

Yosemite Nat. Park, Ca
Mono Lake TufasMono Lake Tufas
Mono Lake Tufas

Lee Vining, Ca
Kolob CanyonsKolob Canyons
Kolob Canyons

Zion Canyon, Utah


3rd November 2011

Wow!!!
Who needs Calgon when traveling with the Wanderlust Crew! I was so thrilled this morning to see a new posting...sipping coffee reveling in the glory of --- a Thursday:) How amazing your pictures are...and believe me when I say I TOTALLY understand it is soooo hard to capture the magnitude, vastness, and essense of something momuntental and magical...but you did take amazing and awesome pictures! To think you have seen those vistas with your own eyeballs! That is something I tell the kids all the time...taking something in first hand with their own eyes...what a treat/gift/treasure! Thanks for sharing! We faired well through our Nor'easter...(the big Magnolia on the side did get hit pretty hard)...and there is still a bit of snow on the ground. Sun is out. You are giving yourselves the gift of eternal mental travel...it will take many fun months to really process all that you are experiencing on this journey...what another great life time reward of the trip. Stay well...continue enjoying, revelling, experiencing and sharing! Drive safe and fair weather! Hello to all!
3rd November 2011

Mammoth and Yosemite
Beautiful Pics, and 'sounds like a crazy and eventful day. I'm envious but very excited for your all to be on such a great adventure together... Little known - Mammoth Lakes is the training ground for some of the best long distance runners in the world! Lots of altitude, lots of trails...I hope to visit some day too!

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb