Brigham City Utah


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Brigham City
March 30th 2008
Published: March 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 2 - Helena to Brigham City


We made second leg of our trip to Brigham City. Why Brigham you say, well we didn't want to stay in Salt Lake City... and Salt Lake was an hour to far for the kids I think.
It had snowed last night and made the roads through the mountains pretty slippery. The speed limit is 75 mph which is 120 in Canada. We averaged about 80 kms/hr until we got out of the mountains and hit sunshine, then it was smooth sailing back upto 130 kms/hr.

We stopped so Jason could go pee and I turned around and saw this statue on the hill. I took a pic of it as well as the board that explains it. It's easier than typing.

When we stopped in Idaho falls I was a bit disappointed that the water for the fall is turned off for the winter and rerouted. How do you have a name like Idaho Falls and not have your falls turned on, hence the name. We stopped at a place called Sonic Burger. WOW, if they come up here to Calgary Peter's Drive in better watch out. They also do the ol' A&W thing where your order from your car and a car hop brings your food out to you. On our way out of Idaho Falls we saw this really cool monument, I couldn't find a plaque around to explain it, so I snapped a whack of pictures and posted a few.

The food is so cheap in the US. Not only did Sonic have most of the menu $3 or less but Pizza Hut here is way cheaper. We ordered the Family deal and got 2 Medium pizza's, Bread sticks w/cheese, Cinnamon Sticks, and a two litre Pepsi for $19.99. Also I can't believe the people down here complain about the price of gas. I usually pay $72-$80 to fill my tank with gas and so far down here I have filled in Helena at $52 and Brigham at $58.

Tomorrow is our 3rd and the last day of the long driving days. We will be staying in Springdale Utah just out side of the Zion National Park.

ttyt
Sandy

If the photos ever don't show up then wait a few minutes and I am still posting them


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Eagles 1Eagles 1
Eagles 1

I looked on the internet and still can't find anything about this. You would figure there would be some kind of plaque on the thing somewhere


30th March 2008

Wow!
Wow! What fun! Hope the drive is going good, too, you really haven't mentioned that! Thanx for the updates....it is so nice to know where you are and how you are doing!! xoxo

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb