Arches National Park


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Arches National Park
September 28th 2010
Published: November 30th -0001
Edit Blog Post

Sept. 28, 2010 - Moab, Utah and Arches National Park. We began the day with an easy drive to the Park entrance, then climbed to a high plateau and the marvellous views began. The attached pictures show only a part of what we saw, and it was ALL spectacular. The day turned out to be quite warm again at 32C, which converts to about 92F and we went through a lot of water. All the locals are talking about the heat wave which is gripping the entire southwest part of the US. We hiked in to several of the arches. They don’t seem to place them beside the roadway, but some of the good ones are not too far a hike. By the time we reached the far end of the park we were too tired and hot to do the 1-4 mile hike to see the last several arches. 62 pictures seemed enough for one day, especially when we know we are putting in another full day tomorrow in Canyonlands National Park. Southeast Utah has some absolutely unique and spectacular vistas. On Thursday we plan to go into Colorado to visit Mesa Verde National Park, then on to Flagstaff on Friday for a weekend at the Grand Canyon and in Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona and Jerome, AZ. By the time we get to Houston, we will be exhausted. Well, maybe we are already exhausted tonight. Need to sleep!!! Catch ya’ later.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb