Sunset at the Arches


Advertisement
Published: October 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

After leaving Valley of the Gods, Alan and I travel through southern Utah to Moab to meet Jim Altengarten for one of his Exposure 36 photo workshops. The group consists of five male photography students. As usual, Jim is kind enough to allow me to tag along and document the experience. Although I don’t receive any instruction, I’m allowed to take my own photographs.

The workshop begins with a sunset shoot in Arches National Park . First, we stop at an overlook for a far-off view of Balancing Rock. Other rock monuments populate a valley with the the La Sal Mountains forming an impressive background. Puffy storm clouds add drama to the scene.

After a few practice shots, the group drives to the parking lot for Balancing Rock. A crowd has gathered to capture the sun’s last glow on the rocks, but many of them leave before the best part of the show. We stay until the light is completely gone, then it’s back to Moab for dinner and sleep.

To read more about our photo workshop experience with Jim Altengarten, visit "Take a workshop in nature's beauty" at My Itchy Travel Feet .




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb