Day 42


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » San Antonio
October 25th 2009
Published: October 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

October 24, 2009
Today we went into San Antonio to see the Alamo and do the “river walk”. The Alamo was packed! Today was Founders Day so there were many booths set up with different civic organizations giving out information about the history etc. The only problem was that it really detracted from the Alamo itself. After walking around for a bit, we started out for the River Walk. You actually leave the street level and descend onto the walk. It has a lot of stores and restaurants and a very narrow river. The river looked filthy…I don’t actually know if it was...Still fun to see. It appeared that the Air Force boot camp was graduating… they were everywhere and they looked to be about 6 years old! Donna, John and I ate lunch there, quite good…while Bill wandered along the river. He picked us up afterward and we headed back to our hotel.
Everyone (except Bill!) fell asleep...we’re all exhausted! Later on we watched a movie and ate order out Chinese…NOT very good!
Today’s Road Lesson: We’re all just plain old!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb