Corpus - Port Aransas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Port Aransas
September 8th 2010
Published: September 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

7-8-10: Back on the road headed for Corpus Christi today. Arrived about 2pm and parked at Wal-mart...do you see a trend here??? We were thinking of staying in an RV park and had a few on our list to check out...needless to say, some were underwater from the storm, and the others were just not our cup of tea. We walked on the beach for a bit, but weren’t impressed with it (a LOT of garbage!!) nor the town, so we decided to head for Port Aransas. Parked the coach at the Wal-mart in Aransas Pass and took the car on the free ferry to PA. It was a cute little beach town, but again, it was a veritable ghost town!! I did think it was incongruous that the natural areas around town not only sported wild daisies, but also prickly pear cactus...in fact, I’ve seen the cactus everywhere we’ve been in Texas...who knew??? We did stop at Bernie’s Beach Bar for Happy Hour and had $1 Dos Equis. Decided there was no reason to drag the coach over the ferry...think we’d have to have had the whole thing to ourselves, as it was a very small ferry, and we didn’t want to sink it!!! So we again asked if we could stay and they said: “Sure”!!! We LOVE Wal-mart...certainly changed our tune since Yakima days, for sure!!!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Port AransasPort Aransas
Port Aransas

Kite wakeboarding


Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0598s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb