Day 7 - August 6th - Roswell, NM - Pecos, TX


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Pecos
August 7th 2012
Published: August 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

From Grammy's point of view.

What a day, we slept in and enjoyed a causal drive to the Carlsbad Caverns.

It was HOT, (102 degrees), but the Cavern was 46 degrees, we actually wore jackets.

We all went except Papa, he has a difficult time navigating in the dark.

It was a great time and Grammy walked the whole way!! (a mile and a half)

I thought I did good, till a couple with young kids on their backs passed by me, going uphill.

The cavern was beautiful, we all enjoyed the stalagmites and the stalagtites, ( we also learned the meaning of these cave creatures)

After the tour we did the one thing all tourist do, hit the gift shop.

How can you ever leave a National Monument without getting a souvenior or two?

We had our lunch out of the ice chest in the sun, so we ate quickly and got back on the road.

We spent another hour travelling to Pecos, Texas out in the middle of know where.

We did get a really nice Best Western, and enjoyed the pool and dinner!

We can recommend the mexican restaurant "Alfredos". It is a Diners, Drive In and Dives place for sure. I think Guy Fieri should go there for sure! It is MONEY! The Chile Rellenos were the bomb!

Tomorrow we are headed for Fredricksburg and the LBJ Ranch.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



14th August 2012

bet I see what everyone else sees when they look at the pic. wonder who posed for it. Nice to see that Juli is with you. Looks like a very fun thing.

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb