Boy wander goes wandering


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Houston
July 6th 2012
Published: July 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

6th July We only just made it to breakfast as Karl read his watch wrong/the time difference changed. It was pretty disgusting to be fair. I think we got the stale bits at the end. Steve and Carl headed to the pool but me and rich went to watch a bit of the tennis match. Murray vs Tsonga. Murray won and into the final. We got Into the roasting car and headed on the 3hour journey towards Austin. After illegally parking on the side of the road and stopping In a Starbucks and raped their wifi we managed to find a couple of hotels near 6th street (party area). We ended up staying at the la quinta hotel. It was pretty decent, again two double beds and it had a nice pool. Sorted. Mess by the pool by day, into town by night. It was a bit more expensive than before. With parking it was $30 each per night. We were happy. Dropped our bags off and as a group headed towards the nearest liquor store. There was a new posse in town. Between us we thought 1.75L of vodka should be enough. Anna wasn't drinking due to illness but the boys were hitting hard. Standard pre drinks commenced, few drinking games whilst watching forest gump was pretty epic. However we have a new game introduced to us. There is one table tennis ball in the room and if at any point it goes in your drink you must down the whole drink. This got messy. Rich even managed to throw it into his own drink. I think he is a little bit retarded. We polished off the vodka and headed out. We pretty much trashed the room in the process. Anna was not pleased. She was the fun police. Guess what? Surprise surprise. Rich wasn't allowed in to the bar/club we were going to. Everyone else managed to Get in but no, not rich. He is such a liability. To be fair the bouncer was good about it. He said go away for 15 mins, maybe get a slice of pizza and he will let you in. Rich agreed to this and I did also agree to meet him in 15 at the door. Of course what happened. He never came back. I waited for ages wasting my night but no. I know exactly what would of gone through his head. Let's go find someone (40+) that will show me some attention. I didn't see him until the morning to where he got a massive bitch slap across his face. Anyway. Our night continued. Steve was absolutely hammered. At more than one point in the night I remember him walking past us with a girl in a headlock. Not like in a mean way. In a drunk "your mine now" sort of way. Was pretty funny. I can't remember talking to the girls but I woke up with a few friendship requests in the morning. Always suggests one made fiends on a night out. On the way out of the club Karl and I almost managed to convince a girl Kate Middleton went to school with Karl down in London. This was just before her massive boyfriend came and swept her away. Home time. This was probably the funniest part of the night. I have it all on video too. As we wondered home we realised Steve didn't have a room key and he left about 45 mins before us. When we got to our door we found Steve, passed out with two security officers standing over him not looking impressed. In hysterics we apologised and literally dragged him inside the room. It was goodnight for all. Rich was no where to be seen.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb