Day 30 - Contiki Day 8


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Dallas
July 30th 2009
Published: August 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

On the busOn the busOn the bus

Baby Blanket ($4) and pillow ($3) courtesy of Walmart
Temp: 36°C

Day 30 we got up early (what a surprise) after just a few hours sleep (no surprise there either) to head for Dallas, Texas. On the way we stopped at a lil town called Childress, Texas. When we drove into the town we noticed that there was debris and crap everywhere, and some of the buildings were quite damaged. Turns out, the night before, less than 2 hrs from where we stayed the night a tornado had gone through the place, we grabbed some food for brekkie and got back on the bus for another 2 hr drive before our next break in Wichita Falls, Texas.
We all piled out of the bus (still with very little sleep) and made our way into Walmart. In here, most of us purchased our own pillows for $3 and blankets $4 (as it boiling outside but so freakin cold on the bus we we sick of being cold!). And we still have like 3 weeks left of this tour, we will get our moneys worth out of them.
We got back on the bus, drove for about another 2 hrs and finally made it to Dallas, Texas, our home for the next 2 nights.
We got to our hotel and got cleaned up to head out for dinner. We all met in the lobby and made our way down the main street of Dallas. The train driver stopped us along the way and asked if we wanted a free ride so we all jumped on only to realise that we only had to go one stop anyway. We got off and walked round the corner to a place called Gators.
Here we were provided with a dinner by contiki of fajitas. They were ok but didnt even come close to the quality of the ones we had in Santa Fa, New Mexico.
After this we made our way to Black Friers, a local pub. It was pretty crowded and the drink s were a lil pricey so we resorted to drinking beer (uh huh, wouldnt drink it at home but its slowly making its way onto the list as its the affordable choice).
I started talking to some of the locals (well, there was 2 guys from Amarillo and one girl from pheonix) but we were talking about the JFK theories as we were going to the 6th floor museum the next day. Very interesting to hear different peoples opinions on it.
We left the pub at 2 when we got kicked out but didnt make it to bed til after 3:30.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Out in DallasOut in Dallas
Out in Dallas

Steve, Naman, Kirsty and Me
Out in DallasOut in Dallas
Out in Dallas

Loz, me and Nathan
Out in DallasOut in Dallas
Out in Dallas

bahaha... being silly with Kirsty
Out in DallasOut in Dallas
Out in Dallas

Carl and Nathan
Out in DallasOut in Dallas
Out in Dallas

Some friendly locals..


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb