Bats and Basking!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Austin
August 18th 2012
Published: August 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well Austin has been a nice change from the hustling big cities we’ve been in so far! Everything and everyone are very relaxed and laid back here and we’ve met some really friendly and helpful people 😊

We ventured downtown this morning and after walking through a very deserted 6th street (the strip of live music bars) decided to escape the 37 degree sun back in the hotel pool and go back later.

We caught the 1.5 million Mexican bats fly from under a bridge at sunset – it may sound boring but it was so crazy! It was a bit hard to take pictures though because they were moving so fast. We stood there for 15 minutes and they were still coming out from under the bridge which was lined the whole way with people when we left to get some food at TGI’s.

Scott wants to tell you all about his Jack Daniels burger he had which is the best thing he has ever tasted!

Walking down a much more lively 6th street we could see that they were ID-ing people who looked 30+ so knew we wouldn’t get in anywhere, but to be honest…the music coming out of the bars wouldn’t have drawn us in even if we could. It was a cool and eccentric part of town though.

We’re off to San Antonio in the morning and going to take a ride down the Riverwalk so will blog all about it next time.



T’ra from Texas!

x x x


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



19th August 2012

Would have loved to see the Bats I saw a documentary on it on TV ages ago, no picture in a Ten Gallon hat??
19th August 2012

Bats and Hats
It was crazy to see, they stunk though! Haha we'll get one before we leave :) or maybe one from mexico!

Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0637s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb