Cold and Rain in TX


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Austin
March 14th 2009
Published: March 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


March 13, Friday

Another Friday the 13th. This one was cold and rainy. We decided to continue on to Austin in spite of the rain and cold because the hotel was much cheaper there. By the time we'd hit Brenham though, we were both ready to find a warm and dry room. Stopped at the Knights Inn, which the GPS said was a Day's Inn, but who cares. $10 cheaper than Austin, and the added benefit of being right where we were. Checked in. Got some groceries at the store, had supper in room, dried out gloves. No pics from today, they would only be of fog and rain on the Interstate.

March 14, Saturday

Packed up and out by 10:30. Weather was dry but still very chilly. Bear's computer said 43 f. The ride to Austin TX got very windy with low ceilings, but no rain all the way to the Crestwood Suites north of Austin. We basically just hung out, did a little laundry, watched TV. This wet and cold really sucks. Tomorrow is supposed to be cold again, then woosh, up to the 70's. We may try a little shopping and sightseeing tomorrow if the rain stays away. I'd like to see the bats fly from the bridge downtown, but I don't know if they're going out since there can't be that many bugs flying around. Apparently Austin had a big mosquito problem, and took the advice of a guy that convinced them to get bats to live under the bridge. Now, there's no bug problems, and a big tourist attraction too.

March 15, Sunday

Today we rode the city bus north the Lakeline Mall since it was still pretty chilly and we didn't feel like unwrapping bear, getting all dressed for the cold, then dealing with all the clothing at the mall. We were dropped off about 2 blocks from the mall, nice bus, and began our afternoon of shopping. I got a decal, Deb bought a few things, we had a latte, all the lazy things one can do when there's no particular schedule to keep. We caught the bus back to near the Crestwood Suites, tried the Cajun place for supper but it was closed. We settled for Jim's Restaurant. A standard American place, older waitress, chicken fried anything, and mediocre coffee. Back at the hotel I did another load of laundry, we read a bit, then hit the sack.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb