A New Beginning


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Austin
April 16th 2007
Published: April 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

2007 MH CC Trek (m1)

Driving Distance is greater, this map shows straight line distance.

Getting the RV Ready  Getting the RV Ready  Getting the RV Ready

Man..where's a car wash when you need one?!? It took nearly three hours to wash.

2007 MH CC Trek (m1) A good friend suggested I create an Internet blog to keep in touch with family, friends, and to diary our long awaited, and much overdue vacation. I must admit, the very thought of learning a "new technology" repulsed me. Heck, I didn't know what a blog was, and I sure in the hell didn't know where to start.

As this is my first "blog," please don't be too critical of it's content, layout, spelling, grammar, or style. (By David)

Monday April 16, 2007

Our goal was to leave around noon. Knowing Bruce, you know that didn't happen! Our first day's trek was around 250 miles. Which was about half of what we were shooting for. (By David)


Tuesday April 17, 2007

--Split Rail RV
Lets just say it wasn't the prettiest RV Park, but at $14.00 a night, it did the trick!

Midday- We made really good time. We stopped off at a rest stop to stretch our legs, only to be welcomed by an Indian man with no shirt and man boobs. Yuck!! (By David)

The Thing.

Ok…what’s the thing? On route 10 heading East, there are at least a dozen or so signs referencing “The Thing.” Take my advice…do not go! I can’t believe we paid a whole dollar to see it. Legend has it, “The Thing” is a mummified Indian woman with child. The casher at the Dairy Queen, which is conveniently located next door to “The Thing,” say’s the mummy is a fake. (By David)


Wednesday April 18, 2007

We stopped off in another small town for some eats. Chewy's, also known is John Madden's favorite place to eat, has some pretty good food. We sat down next to an old timer who had guacamole running down his chin. Ahhh..the joys of aging!


How did I end up here? Somehow I picked the same RV Park (Circle Bar) Bruce stayed at the last time he did a world wind trip to Texas. That night, we saw bats flying around the light poles...eerie.

Thursday April 19, 2007

At Last
We arrive in Austin. Laura meets us later that afternoon at our RV Park.


Friday April 20, 2007

Barton Creek Resorts. I would not have been surprised if I saw Robin Leech taping an episode of "Lifestyles of the
It's officialIt's officialIt's official

We're RV'ers
Rich and Famous." This place is outrageous. Tuns of "Lilly White/Blue Bloods" running around in their golf carts sporting draped sweaters across their shoulders.

Saturday April 21, 2007.
Laura gets sick and goes back to California. Ironically enough, we gave up our tickets for Saturday night's performance of “Wicked”, and hauled ass to get to Texas to spend time with Laura…all for nothing.

Sunday April 22, 2007
Bruce and I explored the rural areas of Texas.




Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

This photo is for Michael CThis photo is for Michael C
This photo is for Michael C

Does this picture make you horny? (inside joke)
A Dollar Wasted!A Dollar Wasted!
A Dollar Wasted!

Decoupage bones over some old gags
Barton Creek ResortBarton Creek Resort
Barton Creek Resort

This is a typical rental home at the Barton Creek Resort.
Bob's BackyardBob's Backyard
Bob's Backyard

A converted railroad car turned restaurant
BBQBBQ
BBQ

The best BBQ joint in the ghost town of Taylor, TX.
Las Cruces New MexicoLas Cruces New Mexico
Las Cruces New Mexico

We love this RV Park. It's so nice.
Chuey'sChuey's
Chuey's

There are business cards on the ceiling!
The gnome liks Chewy'sThe gnome liks Chewy's
The gnome liks Chewy's

The beef verde was pretty good. It had bits of potatoes
The proof is in the puddingThe proof is in the pudding
The proof is in the pudding

If you look closely, you’ll see Kent and Bakersfield on the Texas map!
Ahhhh sunrise!Ahhhh sunrise!
Ahhhh sunrise!

The sun rising over the mountains at the Circle Bar RV park.
Guess what this is....Guess what this is....
Guess what this is....

It's one arm of a windmill you’d see on the side of the road harnessing energy. It's HUGE!


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb