Day 13 - Gettysburgh, PA - Sevierville, TN


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Sevierville
August 11th 2013
Published: August 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We slept in this morning and headed out to see Gettysburg. Megan had started learning about this battle in school and it was good for her to put the information to the site. We visited Little Round Top, Pickett’s Charge and Confederate Way. There is so much history there that Theo and I decided we needed to make another trip to see it all. What a beautiful area. We headed southwest towards Tennessee, crossing through Maryland, West Virginia and Virginia before hitting Tennessee. We drove right by Bristol and saw the exit for the Nascar Speedway. Theo was soooo excited! We were all anxious to get to the cabin where we would be staying for 5 days. We needed the break. Our cabin is on the outskirts of the Great Smokey Mountains and is absolutely beautiful. We have our own private pool and all the room we need. Ahh...relaxation. The kids have been swimming on and off even during the thunder/rain storms! Tomorrow we are sending the kids to Dollywood to ride the roller coasters. They are certainly addicted. I plan to lay by the pool and maybe do some shopping. My dad wants to go with the kids, but somehow I think they will wear him out! We leave here on Friday and head to Illinois on our way back home!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb