Nashville/Memphis


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Memphis
February 18th 2006
Published: February 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

well we have been to nashville and i can safely say that we are no closer to understanding what the hell shawn mullins meant when he sang "it's like nashville with a tan"...no idea what he is talking about.....i can report that its a ripper little town....country music everywhere...we drove all the way from hot springs arkansas, past memphis to nashville...a long way...we have now handed the car back and it was very sad...we travelled just under 1000miles in it and it felt like the 3rd member of the group...and its less smelly than kristian.

hot springs was great..its where bill clinton grew up...we went to his birth home in hope...having read the first 200 pages of his autobiography it was great see all tyhe places he described so well..

we drove from nashville and we are now in memphis which is a fantastic place...Dave Richmond: you have to come here...and i don't mean maybe one day if you get the chance...you just have to come...there is blues clubs everywhere...its absolutely amazing and you would definitely love it....at BB kings blues club the drummer plays behind plexiglass so that they can mic the kit up and control the levels from the mixing desk....thats how seriously they take....and the guitarists and the guitars...its all just so so good...i love memphis...

and of course you cant go to memphis without going to see the king...elvis presley...we went to graceland and both loved it....it seriously is one of the coolest things i have seen...his house was amazing and he has this corridor in the trophy room which is in the backyard just full of gold records and grammays...it was so cool.

we changed our flights to go toronto earlier back the mustnt have put it thru so we are staying in memphis a few days longer which does not bother us at all...as i previusly mentioned this place is really really cool...

i have always wondered if it would be hard to get used to driving on the other side of the road...and yes..yes it is...becau8se we are under 25 only one of us was allowed to drive so i did all the driving and kristian was the navigator or as we like to refer to him as "map man"...

we have found its more interesting to tell people we train kangaroo's for a living and have a company called Roo-Rescue...where you can ring up and we will send you a Roo for any task...our slogan is "We Have The Roo For You"...example instead of the jaws of life in car s we send in roo's...or security roo's for you home....of if your zip is stuck on your bag..i..we have the roo for you...any task, any time...we have the roo for you.

hope everyone is well

john and kristian

Advertisement



19th February 2006

rent a roo
sounds like you guys can travel anywhere and invent a new business ... this idea could be novel back here in Aus. Memphis sounds fantastic and it seems fortunate that you were able to stay on a while longer ... did you buy cd's etc. of some of the sounds?? Stay well and enjoy the ongoing trip. ...
20th February 2006

Hey guys....i'm jealous, very jealous....Memphis is now definately on the to do list....sounds like ur having a ball...we'll have to set up a time on messenger so you can tell us about all the stuff that can't be posted on here...The band natzi wants me to tell u that the grass is green and the sky is blue....he also says that apparantly he is now on an average on 1 (1 per month that is)....anyhow, keep up the roo jokes and we'll chat soon.

Tot: 0.304s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0869s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb