Crazy Horse and a Waterfall in a Cave


Advertisement
Published: August 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Black Hills have so much to explore. As someone who loves waterfalls, I had heard about Thunderhead Falls which was supposedly an underground waterfall. Figured it was worthy of a stop to see exactly what this could be.

The Falls are located on one of the northern routes to the Black Hills. They are located inside a gold mine. You climb a few stairs walk and walk through a long tunnel to see the Falls at the end. They have it fenced off so you can't get too close but there is tremendous force and spray. Very powerful. The water is obviously falling quite a distance. The water then travels down the tunnel to the outside where there is a smaller lower falls located in a beautiful green setting which then falls into/joins a Creek. Was a unique attraction because how often do you see water falling inside a mountain?

Then, I was off to the Crazy Horse Memorial. Have visited the Memorial several times over the years and always like to check in and see its progress. Since I was there last, they have done quite a bit more work on the front and opposite side of Crazy Horse's face. Wonderful Memorial and other incredible sculptures located on the grounds as well to view. As someone with no artistic ability whatsoever, I am always impressed.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0202s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb