Saturday - on the way out of town...


Advertisement
Published: June 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

It's packing day - we're starting to head home. First we stopped at Poogans Porch for a very nice brunch: great biscuits (thanks Pat!). Next we stopped at the Charleston Tea Plantation - only tea plantation in North America. Learned a lot about tea - like the fact that all teas, black, green, oolong, etc., are made from the same leaves. They are just processed differently after they are harvested to make the different flavors.

Not too many picture opportunities: just acres and acres of green bushes.

Then we started our 5-hour trek to Raleigh. Got here around 8pm and promptly left the hotel to go to the movies - Toy Story 3!

Oh, one thing I kept forgetting to mention ... early in the week when we were in the hotel elevator, Allsion was reading the inspection certificate (don't ask me why - it was a pretty long trip from the top floor to the lobby). Anyway, she noticed that the issuing agency was the "Bureau of Elevators and Amusement Rides" which she read out loud and gave all the occupants in the elevator a big laugh.

Well, home tomorrow so this is it. Hope everyone
Tea plantsTea plantsTea plants

lots and lots of tea plants
has enjoyed the blog and it's been great reading your comments. See you next year.

Advertisement



27th June 2010

Welcome Home
Glad you had a great trip, thanks for sharing it with us.

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb