so much to do, so little time!


Advertisement
Published: April 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

it gets harder and harder to think of topics to write about. my brain is everywhere but on schoolwork. i can't wait to get home and see my family and friends. my mom is really excited for me to come home for the summer, although i have a lot planned. i feel like college students try to pack in as much as possible over the summer. for instance, i want to take piano lessons, get a gym membership, do volunteer work, get a job, and i'm taking a distance learning course...i also want some time in there to relax and spend with mommy. i've already started making plans with my friends from school to make visits. close to ten of my friends and i decided to go to a concert on july 9th, too. what happened to just laying by the pool with a good book, as professor sena said she'd hoped we could do the other day? summer needs to be a whole year in order for us to get everything done that we want to. it's ridiculous. i already feel a bit pressed for time. how am i going to fit everything in over the summer? every day i keep finding more and more things i want to do, more people i want to see...it is very exciting, too, though. no work to worry about for school except for my distance learning class...sleeping in if i can...i remember last summer i bought a gym membership, took a course at monmouth university, and worked a lot. i hung out with my friends and saw a concert, too, but i felt like i barely did anything. i would wake up at 7 for my class at 830, come back for a couple hours before working until 10, go home and change, head to the gym for 2 hours, get home and shower, eat something, go to sleep around 2-230, and wake up the next day at 8 for work. when the class ended, it wasn't so bad. i started to relax a bit more. and then toward the end of the summer my hours for work were decreasing, so i enjoyed the last few weeks the most. i hope i don't have too much planned this summer...i'm kind of worried about everything i want to do, but americans always take on more than they can handle. it's the type of society we live in. people don't sit still for more than five minutes...hustle and bustle everywhere you go.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb