Happy Halloween!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon
October 31st 2010
Published: October 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

So I finally got to experience an American Halloween. As some of you might know I'm a big fan of horror movies, and celebrating Halloween gives you the chance to develop this interest further, e.g. in ways of interpreting characters on a psychical level. So Liselotte and I got invited to a Halloween party last night by Logan, whom we met on Friday night at the meeting that STI had with the computer science students from Portland University, for the Capstone project. Anyhow, the party was great. It was my first college party as well, which was a really interesting experience. And it's not just that you're enjoying yourself meeting new people and going out doing fun stuff, it's also a great learning experience to interact with people in ways to learn a new culture and develop your language skills, rather than studying it from a distance.

Unfortunately we didn't have any costumes for last night, though. And I guess it was really for the best, considering that American girls have totally different opinion about what to dress like on Halloween. I'd like to go all in on the whole zombie theme, where as they go all in on looking better and dressing in less fabric than usual. It could have been an awkward situation, haha.

So despite the lack of sleep (got home at 5am this morning and slept for 3 hours before waking up again) I'm excited about tonight as well. They're closing down Oak Street downtown, to make it a "safe area" for the kids to go trick-or-treating at all the shops. So it'll be fun watching all the cute kids in their costumes. After that I guess it's time for a good old horror movie, before getting to sleep.

Tomorrow it's time for work again and after that I'm taking my first yoga class. Yey!




Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

HalloweenpartyHalloweenparty
Halloweenparty

Liselotte and Evan
HalloweenpartyHalloweenparty
Halloweenparty

Drinking games
HalloweenpartyHalloweenparty
Halloweenparty

Liselotte and Logan
HalloweenpartyHalloweenparty
Halloweenparty

Drinking games
HalloweenpartyHalloweenparty
Halloweenparty

Drinking games
HalloweenpartyHalloweenparty
Halloweenparty

Drinking games
HalloweenpartyHalloweenparty
Halloweenparty

Brian (?) and Evan
HalloweenpartyHalloweenparty
Halloweenparty

Haha, Peter was a mormon
HalloweenpartyHalloweenparty
Halloweenparty

Liselotte and Evan
HalloweenpartyHalloweenparty
Halloweenparty

Liselotte and Evan
HalloweenpartyHalloweenparty
Halloweenparty

Peter's mormon card


Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb