Bangkok Dangerous


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Portland
September 4th 2008
Published: September 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Thursday, September 4th, 2008


Before we start with the update to our blog, I want to apologize for the pathetic title I gave our blog. We plan to blog about our trip every five or so days just to keep everyone informed on what where we are and what we're doing. Internet cafes are abundant and provide a nice break from the sultry weather. If anyone who's reading knows anyone that needs to be added, throw a comment at the bottom of the page or just e-mail Curtis (curtisghanson@gmail.com) or Sally. With that, below is a narrative detailing our plans of the trip.
A few hours are left before we - Sally and Curtis - head to Thailand for two and a half weeks. We are gonna start our trip with a grueling 26 hour elapsed travel across the great Pacific Ocean expanse making layovers in San Fransisco and Incheon (that's near Seoul, South Korea for you geographically disinclined) and finally arriving in Bangkok.
We will spend a day or so in Bangkok then head north by an over-night train to Chiang Mai. We will spend a few days there, doing some of the usual tourist activities including hiking, sight-seeing, elephant riding, and eating. After our time in Chiang Mai, we are heading way south to do some island hopping. Some possible destinations include Ko Samui and Ko Tao on the Gulf of Thailand side and/or Phuket on the Andaman Sea side. We plan to take in the sights, eat, surf, lay on the beach, snorkel, and other such activities while we are down there. For our last leg, we will head back to Bangkok to finish our sight-seeing, do our shopping, and catch a much anticipated Muay Thai fight. For those not familiar with this particular martial art, check out Ong Bak at the video store to see Thailand's response to Jet Li, Tony Jaa.
Those last days will end our trip in Thailand. Upon our final flights home, we will have a 10 hour layover in Inch'on where we will meet up with Sunny, Sally's cousin. Nothing is really planned during our short time with her but I think we will do lunch or something and catch up on gossip since she left America back in 2006.

Advertisement



4th September 2008

Sweet!
You guys have a kick ass time! ;)
4th September 2008

Fair thee travels!
Wishing you safety and fun on your travels. I might need another Elephant Curtis! Love you lots and will miss you while your gone. BE SAFE!!!!
4th September 2008

Sounds Cool
Hi guys, Wish you all the best on your trip. Was kinda cool to read about all you are going to be doing. Wish I was going too. We have been hearing here in Sweden about all the unrest that's going on in Bangkok. Hope it doesn't affect your trip any. Have a great time and I'll be looking for some updates. Love ya Great Uncle Bill
5th September 2008

Cheap massage w/ happy ending!
Enjoy your trip you two, I'm excited to get the updates on your travels. Have fun see you in three weeks.
5th September 2008

Have a great time!!
This sounds soooo cool. Take lots of pictures!!! Hope you both have a safe and wonderful trip. Love you.
6th September 2008

blog
I read your blog. have fun, be careful. love you grandma Lois
6th September 2008

Have fun & stay safe!
Hey guys! Thanks for the online updates. Hope you have a great time and take lots of pictures! We'll be thinking of you. BTW, what happened to Cambodia?
6th September 2008

i like the title!
hey guys! its great to hear that you are actually making it to thailand together! have a great time. i look forward to reading your updates through your trips!

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0676s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb