Pirate's Plunder


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Newport
March 8th 2012
Published: March 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The trip from Florence to Newport is a measly 34 miles. Anywhere else in the world this would mean about a half hour drive; Oregon is like no other place. Between the long and winding road, bridges, tunnels, and waysides the trek was about two hours there and two hours back. Oregon does not get the same miles per hour other places get.




The fog had already rolled out by the time I started north to Newport; the sunshine lit my way along the Pacific Ocean. Stopping to take pictures the sea gulls let me get within a couple of feet of them before hopping to lengthen the distance. The crows sat with gulls watching over the shore.




Winter or not the greenery never ceases here, making for a beautiful late winter or early spring day. The wind barely blew and the driftwood was plenty, scattered along the shore at different beaches.




Pirate's Plunder continues to please with it's second hand treasures and kitschy coastal gifts.




The drive back to Florence held as much beauty as the drive to newport but in a different way. A mist rolled in off the ocean in some areas. Other parts of the road, those parts a little higher up, were covered with steam in the sunny noon light. Drives like this make the harsh gas prices worth the risk.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb