Williamette Valley, Oregon


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Dundee
September 30th 2013
Published: September 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Lest any of you sitting in your nice warm homes or out in the 78-degree sunshine are worrying about us, we are OK. We were in Oak Harbor Friday night listening to the wind buffet our RV. Restless, we got up at 4:30 AM and tried to figure out how best to escape the big storm that was approaching. We left at 7:30 and drove 300 miles down I-5 in wind and rain. The rain wasn’t heavy, thankfully, but the wind made driving harder. Now we are here in Willamette Valley, Oregon and it’s still raining. Lindsay just opened our RV door to snap a picture and the door nearly got away from him.







An hour ago the power went out in the RV camp. But the good news is, thanks to all our redundant systems, is that our refrigerator switched to gas and our lights run on battery. We even have a 12-volt TV in our bedroom, which we’ll watch later to see the extent of the rain damage. This system is a remnant of a Pacific typhoon, locally known as the “pineapple express”.







Right now we’re sipping our wine, waiting for our spicy black-eyed peas to cook. Tomorrow we leave for Canyonville, Oregon, south of here. Then we’ll decide where to go depending on what those @#*’s in Washington decide to do about closing the National Parks.







Willamette Valley is a beautiful area with dozens of vineyards that produce well-recognized wines. On a nice day we would have enjoyed visiting a vineyard and sitting out on a nice patio overlooking the vineyards. Today I read and Lindsay watched football, until a while ago when the power went out. It’s all good - - we are warm and cozy.

Advertisement



30th September 2013

Oh My!!!
So sorry about the storm. We stopped the news paper except for weekend and then don't always get that looked at. Watch little TV news and are barely caught up with some things like current news on this storm. That would be awful if the G. does shut down and be shut out of the Park system. Did not think of that. You are too far away and too many more parks to check out. No fun in severely bad weather. May it clear soon. Good to hear that you two are safe..warm and cozy.:)) EM
1st October 2013

Hurricane in Oregon
WHOA That surely is a wash out. Now all we needed was a pic of you sipping wine!! Well as of today I guess your national parks tour is over...Sorry What is your plan now??

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb