The New Adventure


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Brookings
April 1st 2014
Published: April 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

We are just about ready for our new adventure. Most of the final arrangements have been made. The home exchanges have been set in place. Hotel reservations have been made in the few places where we do not have exchanges. And here at home we have arranged for mail pick-up, house sitting when there are no exchanges in place, lawn service, weed control, and the list goes on. Jerry has received his international drivers' license, Euros have been ordered, and on and on and on.

We have been planning this adventure for several months and the countdown has officially begun for the day we head to Europe. We will be visiting Spain, Portugal, Italy, Austria, Germany, Amsterdam, and Belgium. Half of the trip we will be staying in houses that we have arranged to exchange with our house. There are many websites for home exchanges and Jerry has been diligent in his efforts to exchange our home with as many others as possible. We are excited about this way of traveling. We anticipate meeting many new people and living in an area more like the locals rather than the tourists.

We will be flying to Fort Lauderdale, Florida and then boarding a cruise ship which will take us to Europe. We will be stopping in the Azores, Lisbon Portugal, Cadiz Spain, Rock of Gibraltar, and finally Malaga Spain.

So that is the basic plan. We leave in 11 days.

Advertisement



5th April 2014

Have a wonderful time!
I know you guys will have a wonderful time and new experiences and will be following you along from here and thinking of you the whole way! Love Judy and Fred!

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb