Southern Oregon


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Ashland
September 18th 2008
Published: July 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we finally hit the road! We got up bright and early at 6am, and hit the road at about 7:30. Nothing too exciting has happened today, just mostly cruising on the open road. Tonight the plan is to stay in a motel in Reno, so that puts us at about 500 miles we have to drive today. We have 5 of us traveling together in a total of 4 vehicles. So that gives us an extra driver if someone is tired. The traveling crew includes Jerry Roth, Kyle Mast, Donny Roth, Kendal Eigsti, and of course myself.

It was crazy the other day because Isaac Hooley said his dad knew a guy that might be working with us in Arizona. Isaac said that his dad talked to a guy who was on his way to Oregon to meet with some people in Canby who are selling pumpkins and Christmas trees in Phoenix all winter. What are the chances of this being the guy working with us? Pretty good I might say, considering all the pumpkin and Christmas tree farmers in Canby. So it turns out that Kendal is the guy that talked to Gary Hooley the other day. It seems like a really good crew that is going down to Phoenix, I think it will be a blast. No doubt it will be a lot of work from what I hear, but it will be a fun crew to work with.

So we’re on the road right now in Big Red, the Mast’s gas-guzzling purebred beastly American-made turbocharged diesel awesomeness pickup. Oh, and Big Red is having some air conditioning issues right now. So we Kyle and I are sitting here with no shirts on and the windows down enjoying the drive. Sorry ladies, I am not going to post any pictures of us because there’s a chance of being blinded!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0627s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb