Day 1: TN, AR, and OK


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oklahoma
August 3rd 2012
Published: August 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After a grand 3 hours of sleep, Skelly and I rushed to pick up our rental car this morning in Madison, TN. Then the most important moment of our entire trip occurred. What was it, you ask? Naming our rental car, of course! We picked up the beautiful Rosita Maria Honez-Skellerita!!

After quickly cramming all of our belongings into Rosita, Skelly and I hit the road, heading towards Memphis. What was playing on our iPod while cruising through Memphis? I'm glad you asked. Elvis Presley, duh!

We were so excited to enter Arkansas but were quickly disappointed. Arkansas is the "Natural State" but unfortunately for itself --and us-- it is naturally boring. There's hardly anything in Arkansas --and when I say "hardly anything" I mean "absolutely nothing." It is hot, humid, sticky, icky, boring, and overall just a snoozefest. The lowpoint of our journey today of course also happened in Arkansas! We were 30 minutes from Little Rock, cruising at a ticket-worthy 90mph, when traffic just STOPPED. There was a horrible accident in front of us, stopping traffic for an entire hour. Oh, and did I mention that it was 108 degrees outside? Oh, and did I also mention that 0.5 seconds before we hit traffic Skelly had just asked me to stop at the nearest bathroom? And it's all Arkansas' fault.

After gassing up Rosita we drove as fast as we could to Oklahoma and are probably the only people in the history of the world to say, "YAY, WE'RE IN OKLAHOMA!" For those of you who don't know it, Oklahoma's nickname is the "Sooner State." Well, I figured out why.... Why, you ask? Because the sooner you're out of Arkansas the better off you are!

We're heading out bright and early tomorrow morning and heading to Santa Fe!
-Teresa and Rebecca

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb