Our First Trip In Stormy A Success!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oklahoma » Oklahoma City
January 27th 2013
Published: January 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We left Orlando early on Thursday headed back to OKC. Had a great afternoon and evening at Camp Gulf spending time on the white sand beach in Destin and enjoying the heated indoor pool and hot tub. Dinner was outside at the Whale's Tail, not known for it's seafood, but for the best view of the sunset around. Absolutely beautiful.

We visited a Bonsai tree farm on the way to Destin, amazing! The oldest tiny tree was 103 years old. I had to buy a small one to try my luck.

Friday on to Shreveport, LA to spend the night. We visited a National Park in Vicksburg, Mississippi ( spelled it out just to show you I could-ha), one of the largest battlegrounds of the Civil War.

We arrived home late Saturday. Our neice, Kenda, and great nephew Blaise, were in town for the day so they had picked up Jeffrey for the afternoon. We met them for dinner and brought Jeffrey home after to open his "surprises" we brought him from the trip.

Happy to be home ( in a house without wheels) for a while but we are anxious to get on the road again.
Cynde Buys A BonsaiCynde Buys A BonsaiCynde Buys A Bonsai

How long can she keep it alive?
What a fantastic first retirement trip in our motor home, Stormy! Thanks so much for sharing it with us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb