Wrightsville Beach - Learning to Fly


Advertisement
Published: July 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

As a graduation gift for Holly her parents rented us a house at Wrightsville Beach for a week. We had a ton of people come throughout the week and two of my friends from Atlanta even drove up to visit. We had a great week with some amazing seafood, swimming, tanning, and even took a few day trips.



One of our day trips was a boat ride to Masonboro Island. It was like a private beach where we got to hang out and have lunch for the day. It was such a relaxing week chilling on the beach and unwinding with friends. We'd usually spend most of the day at the beach and then come back to the house to watch movies or play games. A lot of my close friends were there so it was nice to get to see everyone before traveling to Jordan and then back to Atlanta.



One night we ate at a restaurant called The Oceanic and we got to sit out and eat on the pier. It was great but it could've been less windy! The wind made it freezing outside but the warm food was the perfect cure.



We didn't see them but we found out during the week that both Robert Downey Jr. and Jennifer Aniston were on the island too. Most of Iron Man 3 is being filmed in North Carolina so maybe he was at the beach to relax or to shoot more scenes.



They also threw me an early birthday dinner at a really unique asian restaurant in nearby Wilmington. This restaurant was the most intricately decorated that I've ever seen. Every room was decorated from floor to ceiling and they had a stunning outdoor section with a pond and more asian architecture.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb