New York New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
June 8th 2011
Published: April 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

New York is a place I see in movies, and now I get to see it for myself.

Specially love Time Square, the dazzling lights, the bustling streets and lines of theatres on Broadway. Tkts booth at Time Square was our fav hangout place. Got to watch 3 musicals at discounted price yeah! Sister Act, Priscilla Queen of the Desert and Billy Elliot. So nice to have so many musicals to choose from. Wish I have more time and money to catch as many musicals as I like.

New York is easy to navigate cos the streets are all in blocks. Will be fun to explore on foot (if not for the heat). Other than non-stop shopping and eating, some other highlights

1. Speaking to locals and getting first hand account of their experience of the 911 incident. A shopkeeper shared that her police friend was lost in the incident while saving the victims, sobs...extremely touched. After we visited the site and museum, it is no longer just a piece of news we watch on TV, it spoke a true story and tugged even more tightly at our heart strings.

2. A trip to the Yankee Stadium. We watched NY Yankee vs Boston Red Sox! OMG! The stadium was at Bronx and we were a tad skepticathat out the safety. But glad we made it. Really enjoyed the scale and magnificence of the stadium and the spontaneity and passion of the fans.

3. A run down Central Park, something I've seen so much in movies. Now I got to run though all the familiar scenes.

4. Statue of Liberty at Staten Island. The most iconic sight of NYC and the skyline of Manhantten have came alive.

5. Shopping at Woodsbury, but kind of a disappointment for us. Many cos of the Memorial Day, all the good stuff were snapped up.

Overall NYC is a tad too city for me but still many new and interesting experiences.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb