So much fun - an unforgettable week hanging in the big apple with the Simpsons!
Thanks Ants, Iku and Olliie! Ants we hope you have had some well earned chilling out time now.... Highlights include:
* Staying and hanging with Ants, Iku and Ollie downtown Manhattan! It was amazing to spend some time with you guys
* Walking...walking...walking the streets of Manhattan and beautiful Central Park, entertained by some amazing sax players
* Seeing the MASSIVE numbers of foot and nail shops to keep the folks (you'd be surprised at the numbers of men frequenting these joints!) well manicured
* Dinner out with an old personal training client of mine, Eric, his partner, Ants, Iku and Ollie in the Meatpackers district
* Eating at a couple of New York diners
* Seeing the shopping frenzy at the Apple store...."what recession"??
* The numbers of 'handbag' dogs....either sitting nicely in a handbag while their owner 'strolls' through the park in stilleto boots while talking loudly on their cellphone OR sitting nicely in the front basket on a bike!!!!!
* Museum of Modern Art - crazy amounts of Picasso, a few great Andy Warhols, fantastic black and white photos
from the mid-late 1880's
* Staten Island Ferry - cruised past the 'lady' in the water and strolled around Staten Island...trying to find something open and to do on a Sunday
* Subway Entertainment
= breakdancers doing their thing while the train is going (amazing moves including sprinting through the train, leaping for the pole and spinning down it....upside down) and african drummes (again on the train)
* "Photo History of New York City Community Gardens"....there are thousands operating in the city...with support from the council...something we could use more of back home
* Strolled through Brooklyn and across Brooklyn bridge...amazing views of Manhattan
Thanks Ants, Iku and Ollie for opening your home to us.....can't believe you wont' be home when we get there!
Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0497s; 45; m:apollo w:www (126.96.36.199); sld: 2;
; mem: 6.7mb