Flat Iron Hotel Review


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
June 13th 2012
Published: June 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

If you’re looking for an intimate and stylish boutique hotel experience in the heart of the Flat Iron District, the new Flat Iron Hotel on W. 26 St and Broadway fits the bill. The airy 2-story aquarium and lobby immediately tells you that you’ve entered a hip zone with a friendly feel. Just off the lobby is a great little bar with nightly entertainment featuring an array of upbeat and current music styles.



Elevators whisk you upstairs to rooms in designer chic with plush bedding and modern earth tone accents. Free standing wardrobe closets, desks, electronic safes, ihome entertainment systems, and flat screen TVs make for a comfortable stay and wi-fi throughout the hotel keeps you connected. The bathrooms are white marble with glass-enclosed showers sporting Swiss and Rainfall showerheads. A TV built into the bathroom mirror is a fun plus that makes you want to linger in the bathroom just a little bit longer.



The rooms come in five sizes plus the Penthouse Suite. The Broadway Standard has one double bed at approximately 155 sq. ft., the Flat Iron Queen has one queen bed at approximately 165 sq. ft., the Flat Iron King has one king bed at approximately 175 sq. ft., the Madison Park Double has two full-sized beds at approximately 220 sq. ft. and the Toshi Corner Suite has two queen beds and full size windows on two sides of the room at approximately 300 sq. ft. All of the rooms had a decent amount of outside light coming in through the windows and a good amount of dimmable lights in the room to keep it bright in the evening.



The piece de resistance is the Penthouse suite at over 1000 sq. ft. This is one large room with recessed colored lighting, a huge flat screen TV that recesses into the wall and a large outdoor terrace with a priceless view of the Empire State Building. The room has two full walls of windows and a glass wall dividing the main room from the shower/bathroom. The glass can be completely smoked out for privacy at the touch of a button on the ipad controller. There is also a second bathroom for when the suite is used as a party space. The king size bed magically rises and recesses into the ceiling to allow room for up to 250 guests at a cocktail style party.



Overall, this is great hotel for anyone who wants to be in the middle of one of the most vibrant parts of Manhattan. Some of the hottest restaurants, bars and clubs are within a five block walk and 10-minutes will get you to Penn Station. Prices average in the $300 to $400 range per night, which is a great price for quality accommodation in this part of the city.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.282s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 69; dbt: 0.0795s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb