Day 1: In New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
April 16th 2012
Published: April 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Room at Country Inn and suitesRoom at Country Inn and suitesRoom at Country Inn and suites

very comfortable room
We left Brisbane a half hour late at 11 am. Qantas flight to LA was uneventful and boring. I managed to sleep for a few hours and Justin for just 1! We arrived in LA at 7.00 am and were given an express pass to get through customs as our next flight to NYC was leaving in less than 2 hours. Another Qantas flight boring but very bumpy - we later found out there were tornadoes happening below.

On arrival at JFK, we callled Dial 7 and were quickly met by our black lincoln town car. We finally got to our hotel - Country Inn and Suites in Long Island City, Queens around 6.30pm. We have a very comfortable room with a great view of Manhattan from the room.

As soon as we showered and freshened up we headed two blocks to the nearest Metro station and purchased our 7 day unlimited ride metro cards for $29 each. Used them immediately to go the hotel Le Parker Meridan in Mid town to our favourite burger place called the Burger Joint. This place is so cool. There is no sign up just this neon burger sign and a red curtain. There was a line up and we waited for about 30 minutes. The burgers were as good as we remembered and we left happy.On the way out, Justin got a paper from the reception staff, as if he was staying there! We then walked across to 5th Ave and up the Apple store. We are hoping to buy and Ipad and Mac air on this trip, so the research began. Took the subway back to the hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Burger Joint BurgerBurger Joint Burger
Burger Joint Burger

Yum ! nom nom nom
The Burger JointThe Burger Joint
The Burger Joint

Waiting on the line to get in


Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.023s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1021.9kb