Day 12


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
February 7th 2011
Published: February 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We headed out around 10am, and headed to Bloomingdales to have a look and do some shopping. It’s huge, but quite expensive so I didn’t buy anything.

From there we walked around the corner to FAO Swartz. It’s a huge toy store, with everything you could imagine, including a part where you can make your own Muppets!

The main reason we went there though, was because it is the home of the huge piano from the movie “Big”. You can play on it, and its heaps of fun, though it was way less organised than last time, and they were just letting everyone on at once, which made it very hard to play a tune with everyone else jumping around on it!

After I’d had my fun on the keyboard, we left there and headed to Abercrombie and Finch, then also found a Hollister store… The surprise surprise we had Macca’s for lunch!!

We headed back to the hotel, and Carl did a bit of his own exploring whilst I did some laundry, and then met him down at the Seaport Abercrombie and Finch. The Seaport area is really nice, and as you can probably guess is right on the edge of Manhattan, in fact most of it is on a pier! We had a look around the little shopping centre there, and then headed outside where we had a really good view of the Brooklyn Bridge. I got some really good shots, both in daylight and the dark.

For dinner we headed to the Aussie pub - The Australian, so I could show Carl what a real Chicken Parma is like!! Again, it was fantastic!!

Another day over, back to the hotel we went!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb