Thanksgiving Day!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
November 26th 2010
Published: November 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Heya,
Yesterday was Thanksgiving, so we woke up very early to make sure we had a prime spot to watch the Macy's Parade. However even though we were on 6th avenure in a line to wait at 7.30 we were still far from the front but had a pretty good view 😊 The parade started at 9 but we were at the end of the parade route so didnt see anything til about 9.45 so were stood there crammed for several hours but luckily it was no where near as cold as the weather forecasters had been saying so with 5 layers each we were more than toasty! Parade it self was amazing! it went on for over 2 hours and we say some amazing acrobats, dancers, floats and high school marching bands from across the county! Plus we were lucky enough to see Kanye West, Kylie Minogue, Keri Hilson, Joan Rivers and Jessica Simpson from about 20 yards performing! After this we went to Grand central Station to get the subway back and had a rest and then went downtown to ground zero, wall street, China town and South Street Sea port! Unfortunatly we didnt quite realise how much would be closed for thanksgiving and due to terrible weather in the afternoon we were left quite stuck of what to do! Favourite part of south sea street port was our discovery of 'The Fetch Club' - an exclusive club for the residents of manhatten's....dogs! Complete with 5* doggie hotel, spa, night club, sports facilities, flat screen tv's, hair dressers and cinema- ( this especially aggrivated Jamie into a long rant of pretentious snobs with small dog s in handbags). We then got the subway from Wall street back to the hostel but had to take a long diversion through times square- Hannah however at one stop suddenty decided she would be able to find the way back to the hostel from there... this led to becoming very very lost in greenwich village in the rain and asking several people for directions until we eventually made it back! In the evening we had our first meal out at a restaurant after budgeting and scrimpign through the rest of our trip so we went to applebees on times square ( which to snorklers who may be interested has been newly renovated 😉) and had a lovely meal! after this we finished our trip to manhatten at the top of the rock at rockerfeller centre and got some incredible views of the manhatten skyline at night- especially the empire state building lit up in Thanksgiving colours!We are now writing this to you on our last morning whilst packing up the back packs and eating new york cheesecake, bagels and pancakes before embarking on our 2 day journey to Australia! Wish us luck!

Speak to you from down under! Hannah and Jamie xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 93, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



26th November 2010

From james
good to hear from you hannah sounds great im very jealous!, mums seen this aswell but seems dazzled by technology and cant seem to leave feedback wich is ridiculous!, keep us regularly updated because its very interesting and have a safe flight to melbourne love james:)
26th November 2010

hey guys :)
Hi you two :), you look like you're having a great time, i am rather jealous but it has encouraged me to get going on booking a holiday next year with James, although somehow i doubt it will be in New York and more like in a campsite in Brittany :L I hope you liked mum's comment with the "lol" in it, i'm not sure she quite understood the use but hey ho gave me a laugh. I'll try and work out how to use the website now i'm on it so hopefully you'll hear from us soon. Hope you're having a lovely time. Lots of love xxxxxx
26th November 2010

Fantastic snaps!
Wow guys! Pictures look fantastic! Definately has just been added to my to do list!! Am mega jealous! Kanye and kylie aswell, awesome! Hope the journey to oz goes well :D get ready for the warmer weather ;) x x x

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 5; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb