Santa Fe


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Santa Fe
March 25th 2011
Published: April 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Oldest church structure in USOldest church structure in USOldest church structure in US

The roof was burned during the Pueblo Revolt. the walls and foundation were preserved.
March 25 , Friday Santa Fe
Attended Santa Fe 400 year as a capital anniversary today at the Plaza. Great mariachi music. Also the Georgia O'Keeffe museum and the New Mexico History Museum. Was disappointed with the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum. Most of her best work must be elsewhere. Visited Palace of the Governors on the Plaza. It is also the New Mexico History Museum. It has Indians selling their stuff in front as they have for hundreds of years.
Visited the San Miguel mission church. It is the oldest church (foundation and walls at least) in the U.S.
Next to it is the oldest house in the U.S. Built around 1200 by the Indians as part of a pueblo.
Tomorrow I will head Southeast to Santa Rosa at 4600 ft. This 7200 ft altitude is tuff on me.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Palace of the GovernorsPalace of the Governors
Palace of the Governors

Palace of the Governors with Indians selling their trinkets and blankets in front as they have for centuries.
Lady Mariachi'sLady Mariachi's
Lady Mariachi's

Mariachi band for the 400 years as a capital celebration.
Oldest House in the USOldest House in the US
Oldest House in the US

Darker brown portion is the Oldest House in the Us. Was part of a Pueblo before the Spanish came.


Tot: 0.717s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 18; qc: 79; dbt: 0.3984s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb