Albuquerque - Spell without looking - I dare you!


Advertisement
Published: April 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Food is good, Margarities are betterFood is good, Margarities are betterFood is good, Margarities are better

spelled after a few, yes?

RV Travels


Albuquerque - Spell without looking - I dare you!



Albuquerque makes me smile. Trying to be colorful in an adobe world isn’t easy, but Albuquerque’s relaxed style, friendly cultural center experts, Old Town shopping and scary roads to mountain tops makes for colorful stop. Added to that, the joy of visiting with family all weekend makes it banner worthy!

We arrive on Thursday and park the RV in the central KOA. Joanie and Billy pick us up and bring us to their “real” house. Not only is it great fun to see Joan and Billy and John and Susan, but to be inside a real house is quite a change - the walls are so far away. Immediately we go riding to check out the area. Considering all of the towns in New Mexico we have visited (Las Cruces, Alamogordo, Carlsbad, Roswell, Artesia, Ruidoso) Albuquerque is the favorite; even more so than Gallup, which remains the best for purchasing power.

Albuquerque is a unique mix of old and new. You can spend the afternoon in Old Town where the stores, restaurants, churches and other buildings, some truly historical and some just reminiscent of the past are
Sandia MountainSandia MountainSandia Mountain

Jagged edges of cliffs down below. Lots of yellow and I wonder if it is Uranium. The views are spectular, skies brilliant and it is colder than.....
many and varied. You can visit the new Casino, where Indians experience perfect revenge against greedy Anglos, travel up to the top of the Sandia Mountains, go fishing for rainbow trout and eat them for dinner. We also dined in the really old and popular El Pinto; wonderful green chili burgers - an entirely successful evening could be made out of the Margaritas alone, oh my! Twice we visited the Native American Cultural Center across from the Casino, which houses pottery, jewelry, baskets, rugs, and authentic arts and crafts of all kinds. The folks working there are very knowledgeable and helpful.

The six of us had such fun remembering olden golden days and stuffing our selves into a five seater SUV- Susan is the youngest so she got to sit in the trunk area. We sat up late talking and laughing and had a wonderful weekend.

We sadly bid goodbye to Joanie and Billy on Sunday; Susan taking off for Florida and John, Paul and I for Colorado - another adventure at hand.

Your mission, should you accept it, is to check that Albuquerkue is spelled correctly throughout this journal entry.




Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

The CatchThe Catch
The Catch

Rainbow Trout caught at Navajo Lakes and cooked for dinner!
Old Town AlburquequeOld Town Alburqueque
Old Town Alburqueque

Brother John, Susan, Paul, Billy and Sister Joanie
Paul and IPaul and I
Paul and I

waiting for Joanie to decide on a watch band - Red Coral it is.
10,000 feet10,000 feet
10,000 feet

views from Sandia Peak
Cold Cold way up thereCold Cold way up there
Cold Cold way up there

John and Susan on top of Sandia - windy and cold
Paul's first fishPaul's first fish
Paul's first fish

At the Navajo Lakes
Fish pointingFish pointing
Fish pointing

Everybody is actually pointing at the rainbow trout swimming by and hoping they will bite.
Paul cleaning the catchPaul cleaning the catch
Paul cleaning the catch

nice fish cleaning station
Paul and IPaul and I
Paul and I

back to the RV and on to Colorado.


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb