Day 77: Day 1 - New Jersey


Advertisement
Published: July 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

P1030262P1030262P1030262

El jumping off the diving board at the quarry
This morning we had a much needed sleep in after getting in really late the night before. After breakfast we went to pick up Susan's daughter and then went to Walmart to replace our toiletries we'd had to throw out the day before. In the afternoon we all went swimming at an old quarry which has been there since 1928 and has still got train tracks at the bottom of it, 60 feet below. It was a really beautiful day and the quarry was amazing with trees surrounding it, a few diving boards, and platforms in the middle to swim out to. We spent the whole afternoon and early evening floating in tyres and doing back tucks off the diving boards. By the time we left we were starving, so we headed home for dinner, stopping on the way for some ingredients to make cocktails. We had home made burgers for dinner, along with some amazing strawberry lemonade cocktails which we mixed up. They were truly amazing!
After dinner we went for a drive to New Hope, which is in Pennsylvania. We walked across the bridge crossing the Dellaware River to get there, got an icecream and then walked along the
P1030266P1030266P1030266

the gorgeous quarry
main road. We headed home at about 10 to start getting organised for the next day, because we were leaving for Washington DC at 7am and had an tour booked for midday at the White House!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 59; dbt: 0.068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb