New Jersery


Advertisement
Published: May 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We had planned to end our trip with a few days in the our Honeymoon city, Cape May, NJ. As we neared the end our trip the rising cost of fuel was stretching our budget and we decided it would be good to spend additional time with our families. So we decided just to spend a single night in Cape May.

We located a great campsite and certainly enjoyed the uncrowded off-season rates and environment. It was a beautiful day and we arrived with plenty of time to setup the tent, walk the beach, have a great dinner, and still make it to the west side of Cape May to catch the sunset over the bay.

After a pleasant night, we leisurely cleaned up the tent, packed thing up and headed for the beach! Naps, sand castles, and watching the fisherman reel in very large striped bass made for a delightful end to our trip. On the way out of town we stopped at the Lobster House docks for soft-shelled crab sandwiches, fresh shrimp, and clam-chowder … oh so good! Then we headed up to Ocean City, walked the boardwalk, enjoyed some famous Johnson's Caramel Popcorn, and breathed some final breaths of fresh ocean air before heading back to the area we grew up!

What a wonderful trip! Thank you God & all the friends along the way who made everything possible! 10 years of family vacations compressed into a few weeks and worth every minute!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0254s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb