Portsmouth, NH - Monday, October 24, 2011


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Hampshire » Portsmouth
October 24th 2011
Published: October 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Back in Portsmouth, NH this week. Arrived very late last evening, early morning. I had an excellent flight on Continental/United from Houston via Newark to Boston. Amazingly, our planes left on time and arrived on time in both locations. This is awesome news.

This week I am staying at a Homewood Suites by Hilton. Arriving at 12:30am in the morning, I did not know what to expect at this hotel, or any hotel that time of night. Pleasantly surprised the front desk person was friendly as you can be at that time of the morning.

This hotel is fairly close the one I stayed at that last week, however this week is much nicer. It is located in a small residential area and plenty of walking/running areas. Early in the morning I was up and running. Found a great route into the downtown historical for running. Only downside this week is it is freezing cold and I was not prepared. I made it through.

After a busy day at the office, I went downtown to meet several co-workers. We visited your typical New England restaurant; however it was all by typical. The general theme inside was coastal but a brew house feel. Here is a website of the restaurant. It is named Portsmouth Gas Light.
http://www.portsmouthgaslight.com/.

We are in the Street Level part of the restaurant.

Here is a little history about the building as described on their website.

Built in 1837, this building is the former home of the city’s first utility, the Portsmouth Gas Light Co. Over the last 170 years, it has stood the test of time-including Portsmouth’s “Great Fires.” If you look closely on the eastern wall, you can still see original brick charred by the fires. Today the restaurant is appointed with rich textures of wood, brick and copper paying homage to the Gas Light Company’s role in Portsmouth's storied history. In fact, every week we burn more than a cord of aromatic wood in the brick oven kitchen to prepare our unique wood-fired bistro cuisine.

This is a must visit restaurant when in Portsmouth.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0746s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb