Las Vegas part 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
November 18th 2008
Published: November 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday Nov 18
We spent our last day in Las Vegas wandering from casino to casino, marvelling at the ways these people have found to spend money. Our favourites included:

The Venetian - complete with Doges Palace, Rialto Bridge, San Marco bell tower, two Grand Canals, singing gondeliers and an indoor Piazza San Marco - with more singers dressed in fine period costume.

The Mirage - the Dolphin pools and Siegfried and Roy's Secret Garden. How it could be a 'secret' garden when it was signposted all through the casino I don't know. But it featured white lions, white tigers, white leopards and five 6-month old tiger cubs who climbed over each other to nuzzle their keeper's fingers and generally played around like kittens. Except when it came to feeding time when it all got a bit willing.

Harrahs - how does such a low rent casino survive amongst these billion dollar extravagances?

Bellagio - we went back and watched the fountains again.

MGM Grand - since we were staying here we thought we'd make the effort to catch the lifts down to the ground floor and see the Cirque du Soleil performance of Ka. It was absolutely stunning.

Advertisement



25th November 2008

Food etc.
We would like your professional opinion on the hamburgers--which was the best? the worst? any surprising variations in the way they were put together? Why don't you take pictures of them before you eat them and post the pictures on your blog? Why don't you have any pictures on your blog?
30th November 2008

Food etc
Oops, missed a burger in Las Vegas, we had lunch at Denny's. Nancy had a Swiss mushroom burger (no. 6) which she declares is easily the best of the trip so far. I had a standard cheeseburger, which was nice enough but not as good as Nancy's.

Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 39; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb