Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
October 21st 2008
Published: October 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Skip breakfast, we can't afford it!

After having a great time at the show last night, first task was to find some more cheap tickets for the evenings entertainment (as we clearly aren't allowed in their nightclubs and can't afford to gamble). So we went back to the half price ticket stand, only to be faced by a massive queue this time. However, we had spotted what we wanted to see, and so adhearing to the pirate code, stuck poor Mark in the queue while Dale and Ollie went off to find food.

We eventually reached the desk but the joker behind the desk announced that they only had one 'Penn and Teller' ticket remaining! We thought Marks hours of waiting was all in vain, however, one swift phonecall, and lots more had appeared. Even more exciting was that it was in 'The Rio', which was currently holding a very big poker tournament.

With time to kill, and not wanting to 'walk the strip' in the Nevada sun again, we hit an outlet mall just out of town to spend all our winnings!

In the evening we had dinner at Subway and then went to the Rio to watch the show. As we once again had bought cheap tickets, we marched up to the gods of the theatre to take our seats, only to be called down by one of the ushers. So marched back up to the exit of the gods, down the stairs and into the stalls mumbling 'we better not be shoved in the corner or something'. The usher then invited us to sit in the VIP section at the back of the stalls, centre stage. I'm not sure if it was Dale's gleaming smile, Ollie's golden hair, or the subway drink Mark was still holding that represented our 'class'; but the usher certainly saw it.

Again the show was spectacular, if not slightly short. But it was made a great deal better by getting Penn's autograph at the end of the show.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.286s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.2304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb