Stuck in Las Vegas...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
May 10th 2008
Published: May 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

About now i should be headin off 2 LA on the old greyhound, drivin through the night. Ballin all the way through the state of California. Arrivin in LA as the sun begins to rise and checkin myself in2 a hostel, but alas it wasn't to be. Every hostel in LA is fully booked out for the saturday... FUCKITY FUCK FUCK!!!
And i think i've done all i want to do in Las Vegas, that is without breakin the bank!
I said goodbye to Alice and Tess as they are headin up 2 northern california and decided to take a stroll down the strip and round a few of the casinos, as i ain't really done it yet.
The casinos r far out. Went in2 Ceasars Palace and strolled round, gettin mesmorized by the flashin lights of the one armed bandits. I soon slipped a dollar in and won sweet FA. I then took a trek down to the Bellagio, and walkin past the Black Jack tables i could feel myself been drawn in... where was Ben to tell me to keep my money in my pocket. Damn no ben, damn i'm sat at the table, damn i've handed over $20, damn i've placed a bet, damn i mean wahoo i've doubled my money... 2 minutes later and $30 dollars down i discharge myself from the table and head down to New York, New York and wandered round the casino which is decked out like New York... only shit.
I walked round the Casino where due to the artificial lightin and no natural creepin in, it can be whatever time u want it to be. But only bed time when ur wallets empty. These places r full of different people. The high rollin business men, the tourists, the lads on a weekend trip, newly weds all mesmorized in2 exchangin real money for plastic chips.
I then took a walk over to the MGM and looked at the sad lions in there cages. Where a lion tamer tried to get some excitement out of them for the audience by throwin a ball at them, they were not interested and looked at the tamer as if 2 say "throw that ball in my general vicinity again and i'm gonna come down there and knock ur head off" the tamer soon got the message and retired out of the cage.
I took the bus back up 2 find no hostels available and i'm officially sick of Vegas... sick of the fakeness, the fake eiffel tower, the fake Roman colliseum, the fake New York skyline, the fake Brooklyn Bridge, the fake pyramid, the real lions in a fake surronding... its just a bit tacky to be honest. Ok i might be a bit fucked off as my plans have gone down the swanney but after seein the 'real' america u can't blame me. The real grand canyon, with all the real colours formed by millions of years of nature, the real death valley... these places without a buildin in sight!! And here i am stuck in Vegas surronded by neon, fake bullshit... in the words of Carl Pilckinton "sick of it" if i had a clue about ridin frieght trains (ala Kerouac) i would do it and ride all the way 2 LA on the back of train...ok ok rant over
On a brighter note, the hostel where i'm stayin is actually real nice. Its just gettin started but they seem to know how to please us travellers; free internet, printin things out for free, they hold ur luggage 4 free. Its also an old motel so it has alot of character and pool, which is what i'll be sat around 2morrow, readin Kerouac and like Kerouac wantin 2 head out West.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb