LasVegas Adventure Day 1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
February 11th 2008
Published: February 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Additional maps: Las Vegas Adventure

This morning I woke up around 6am and made myself a coffee with our little coffee machine and jumped on the laptop to get caught up on my Facebook stuff and play around on the internet. We checked out around 8am and jumped on the Airport Shuttle bus at 8:30 and arrived at the Airport in about 15min. so had lots of time to find Alaska Airlines and check in. We had to carry our luggage to customs and then tag them and dump them off (weird that they didn't take them at the check in spot but guess things changed since last year???). Every thing went smoothly at customs and we wandered the airport for awhile checking out the shops and while Nadine was in the "little girls room" I came across a little bar that was just opening up for business. I was the first one in the bar, other than the bar maid of course...haha, and Nadine soon found me and we had a quick beer & Paralyser...the breakfast of travelers everywhere (or is it just us???). Then it was off to get on the 11:30am flight to Vegas.
The flight was ok and we dined on a couple of Beer, Vodka & orange juice and some delicious bagged pretzels. Nadine played with the DS and I grabbed a short nap & then we landed around 1:30pm and jumped on the Shuttle bus to the Fitzgeralds Hotel & Casino.
Checked into our room...threw the luggage on the floor and headed out to see the sights. Donated a few dollars into the slot machines and were feeling a bit thursty so we wandered over to our favourite bar at the Four Queens Hotel and I got a huge 44oz. plastic container of beer and Nadine got a 64oz plastic football filled with Pina Collata....of course I didn't want her to get tooo drunk so I had to help out when ever I could...lol. We hit every Casino under the Freemont Experience canopy..luggin around our humungous drinks and checking out the Fantastic light show going on over our heads. Took lots of pictures and thank goodness that my new camera takes video so we should be covered. We wandered or should I say staggered (those drinks sure hit you...Nadine probably more than me because you have to remember its only goofy american beer and us Canadians can't get drunk on it...right! haha) the downtown streets then back to our hotel room around 10:00.
On the way back to the room we picked up a couple of gigantic pretzels (again with the pretzels) some popcorn a couple oversize tins of beer for me and 4 - B52s for Nadine. We watched a bit of tv pigged out on crap and then called it a night.
It sure is great being back in Las Vegas again and to start off right in the old town is a bonus...Luv It!!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0655s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb