First Week in Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
October 1st 2005
Published: October 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Scenery in ArizonaScenery in ArizonaScenery in Arizona

This is the typical view from the highway from Wickenburg to Kingman, AZ.
Well, we made it to Las Vegas. We left Phoenix early on the morning of September 25 and drove through Sun City, Wickenburg and then through the desert to Kingman AZ. The scenery was wonderful. There were beautiful mountains, saguaros, cholla and joshua trees. The road was a 2 lane highway for most of the drive through Arizona and there were passing lanes only occasionally so we pretty much were stuck in a pack of cars for most of the morning. Then in Kingman, AZ we were back to a divided highway all the way to Las Vegas. We drove over Hoover Dam and noticed that they are building a new highway in the area. I believe in the near future that no traffic will be allowed over the Dam. Right now no commercial vehicles are allowed....only passenger cars, trucks and motor homes.

We spent the first 5 nights in Las Vegas at Sam's Town on Boulder Highway. Kim and I like this hotel/casino....and the rooms were recently remodeled so we felt like queens because we were staying for a long stretch. It was nice not to hotel 'hop' every 1 or 2 nights. We were on the 8th floor
We're On the Right Road !!!We're On the Right Road !!!We're On the Right Road !!!

To our amazement....we found the road to Las Vegas.
facing the Strip and loved the view. We didn't do much sight seeing at all....we were content just to stay in one place and relax. We did go to the Strip one day to take some pictures and to let it soak in that we were finally here.

We are looking forward to Ivans visit on Oct 2. He will be staying 4 nights and we know that we will get our fill of sight seeing and casino fun during this time. Then after Ivan leaves.....we will officially be out of vacation mode. We move into our apartment and begin job hunting.

Stay Tuned for our next blog entry....One Last Hurrah in Las Vegas.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

View from Sam's TownView from Sam's Town
View from Sam's Town

This is the view from our 8th floor window. Notice the Strip in the background. It is about 5 miles away (I'm guessing). You can see the Stratosphere Tower on the right and the new Wynn Hotel on the left.
Bellagio ConservatoryBellagio Conservatory
Bellagio Conservatory

The Bellagio has a beautiful Autumn display full of pumpkins, apples, scarecrows and a cider mill.


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb