Day 18 - Peoria, IL - Lincoln, NE


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nebraska » Lincoln
August 17th 2013
Published: August 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We didn’t have a long drive today (not like yesterday) and we were heading towards Perry, Iowa. This is where Theo’s father’s family is from. Theo had visited this place when he was 18 with his grandfather, brother, mom and dad. They stayed with extended family and met a lot of relatives. He tried to find the house he stayed in but we were unsuccessful. We did find the community center they played basketball at. After a quick tour we left and headed west towards Lincoln, NE. I must tell you that Theo had eaten at a place called Maid Rite. It is the home of loose meat (think sloppy joes minus the sloppy part) sandwiches. We found one on our way to Perry. I thought these little burgers were AWESOME!! Theo thought they were a rip off!

One person that is taking care of our house is from Lincoln and huge Huskers fan. We had to see what all his fuss was about. We took a lot of pictures of downtown Lincoln, the stadium the new arena. We ate a great place that had some very unusual food. They had a burger that was sandwiched between two cinnamon rolls! We did not try that one!

We enjoyed Lincoln! What I did not enjoy was the fact that our room faced downtown and we were kept awake all night with all the young college kids having a great time! Oh to be young again.

Next stop Laramie Wyoming!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0773s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb