Day 16


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana
September 29th 2009
Published: September 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

September 28, 2009
Today we drove all day up through northern Montana to a town called Shelby. It was a beautiful drive through miles and miles of farm land. On a billboard entering one of the small towns was a quote, “from the mountains to the prairies”…so accurate!
Earlier in the day we had stopped at a cigar store outside of Livingston. A man sold cigars right out of his home. He turned out to be quite a character. His family came over on the Mayflower and they had a town in Massachusetts named after them…Brewster! He told John that there had been a large cigar factory in the town but after World War Two, the soldiers all came back smoking cigarettes so the company closed. This man re-opened it and now runs the business from his house!
But perhaps the highlight of the day was at lunch. We were picnicking at Lewis and Clark National Park. Donna was sitting there quietly (having passed on a fluffernutter…they are getting tiresome), when some sort of a bug flew into/onto her glasses. What she did next looked like a cross between a seizure and a new version of “the wave”. After each twitch/shake she would pause to see if the scoundrel had gone. Stop… wait…not gone yet!!!…and she would start gyrating again until she had propelled that bug into outer space!!! I was laughing so hard…so was she. These are the things that entertain us during long driving days!
Anyway tomorrow we are heading up to Canada and Banff National Park. We are staying at a cabin that has no internet so you’ll all be sad to hear that I won’t be able to send the blog!! I’ll still write it each day and then send all of them when we get back into civilization!
Today’s Road Lesson: Donna sure knows how to dance!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb