Back in the USA to Glacier NP


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Victoria GlacierVictoria GlacierVictoria Glacier

As seen above Lake Louise, Banff NP
We got up this morning to clearer skies after last night’s rain. We closed up the campers and drove back to Lake Louise to see the sun on the glaciers and the water of the lake. The clouds had snuck back in, but the view was still spectacular.

We went back for the campers and headed south to the town of Banff. I erred in not choosing the more scenic Bow Valley Parkway, choosing instead the Trans-Canada Hwy. It was faster, but not as pretty. We did catch a glimpse of a black bear and her two cubs.

From Banff we drove to Calgary, a large city of over a million people, with lots of traffic. Then we traveled south on Hwy 2 to the US border and into Montana. Hooray! Back in the USA. We went as far as St. Mary’s and will go to Glacier National Park tomorrow. We found out when we checked into the campground that Going to the Sun Road is supposed to finally open tomorrow morning. What luck!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Speed Limit signSpeed Limit sign
Speed Limit sign

In Alberta, of course this is km/h, but I thought my kids would get a kick out of it.
Blackfeet SculptureBlackfeet Sculpture
Blackfeet Sculpture

near Piegan, MT


25th June 2010

Enjoying your Tour
I have certainly enjoyed your journaling all through Alaska and Canada. The beauty of nature has been abundant. Now, you are getting back to familiar territory - the Going to the Sun road and Glacier National Park will not dissapoint. They are beautiful as well! Enjoy! Thanks for sharing!

Tot: 0.277s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 70; dbt: 0.1553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb