Minneapolis


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Minnesota » Minneapolis » Uptown
August 28th 2011
Published: September 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After a week in the Upper Peninsula of Mich. we were ready for some R&R.......yeah its pretty bad when you have to take a vacation from your vacation!!! We had phoned ahead a week ago and our friends Jeremy and Ali were expecting us.
Tired and smelling like dirty hippies, we saddled up and made the trip in two days with a stop over in a local Walmart parking lot that served as our rest area. If for no other reason, we use Walmart parking lots as a semi-safe rest stop.
(A) they usually wont mess with you because they want your business(B) 24 hour ones make it safe because they never close down and there are enough people there in case of emergencies. The only draw backs are the local red-necks who like to cruise the lot and lite up their tires at 2:00 a.m.....enough said.
As we grew closer to Minneapolis I felt a disturbance in the force!! Something wasn't right.....it felt as if the planets were no longer aligned and there was a massive shortage of coke-slurpees at all of the 7-elevens!!.....we had once again re-entered civilization. I recoiled at the mere mention of having to drive in the city. Only the thought of a hot shower and a cold beer kept me sane enough to accomplish the task.
Their house was big but was also filled with other room-mates so sleeping arrangements were a little tight. After the grand tour we settled our gear in the living room which also served as our nightly quarters. Showers ensued followed by the cracking of many home brews. After introductions were made we settled down to a night of friendship and stories!!
The next few days were a blur. We discovered that Minneapolis was an extremely bicycle friendly town. We took tours along the Missouri river front, cycled downtown, ventured into all of the outdoor gear stores and even had time to enjoy a few local brews!! Many thanx go out to Jer & Ali and the house of funky love! We appreciate you guys putting us up for a few days!
After receiving a package that we were waiting for it was once again time to hit the road. Next stop........the Spam Museum!!!








Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0621s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb