Passing lanes. Passing judgement. Passing gas.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan
March 21st 2006
Published: March 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Haught DawgsHaught DawgsHaught Dawgs

The gruesome twosome before going out in Ann Arbor.
Had to share a moment witchall from our van to yours.

Sarah: ...so the school is just down the way. You're going to pass Lincoln, Bush, and take a right on Bennett.

(pause. Markuz and Sarah look at each other)

Markuz: Did we have a president Bennett?
------------------------------- : )

So our three-show day yesterday was a success. Our first performance of Shakespeare in a MONTH went pretty smoothly despite some nerves on our part. But these next few weeks promise a more balanced rotation of the three plays in our repertoire, which means we'll get....uuummmmm, how you say less bored. Although every show comes to life on its own and boredom is not what you would expect, it's a relief to put to work our hellish three weeks of rehearsal. Now that they're all on their feet, it's hard to pick a favorite as they exercise different techniques, but I have to admit there are times when we wish we were doing a different show for a different demogragh. For example, we can expect laughter and screaming from K-6th during "Dorothy", but from 12th graders? Yawns and rolling eyes. That was a tough morning.

Sarah and I are finishing eachother's sentences and it's CREEPY. We are on the same wavelength 24-7. Often we work wordlessly in the morning, nodding and exchanging glances as we build the set until we wake-up fully backstage before the show (or at least drink our coffee). Then we'll pack up, look at eachother in the car and realize we're on the road again. Like the circus.

We have officially joined every rewards program offered by every major commercial hotel/motel chain. We are ROAD WORRIERS.

LIFE LESSON: Never follow someone's general statement about poop with the phrase "Oh, by the way...". This makes them very uneasy.

WARNING: Luisianna Hot Sauce Sardines are just as spicey coming out as they are in. Be warned.

Moving on. The audiences have been particularly loud this week, and have refused to play along respectfully, so my voice is nearly shot. I'm on voice rest, and drinking lots of tea and lemon with honey. To tell you the truth, I wonder what would happen if I couldn't speak. Surely the speaking shows like "Dorothy" in which I play 9 different characters would be rescheduled or switched to the silent Mozart piece, but what a hassel!

Sarah and I saw the movie "The Libertine" with Johnny Depp earlier this week, and it was brilliant. Now, it'll kinda knock you on your arse, so beware. We were a bit uninspired coming out of it. But the performances were unforgettable, and it's good to know that J-Depp is indeed unstopable. There is no film career I covet more. Oscars for all we predict.

I've added a few scans of letters we were sent. They are up on travelinglantern.com


Jeez, we are shamelessly addicted to the food network. Can't stop...need...sleep..............................


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



24th March 2006

love ya
Once again love your comments. I miss you so much. This is going to be weird but, being at the Lyceum all this week for some reason makes me feel closer to you. I wish I could hug you. Please be safe. Are you feeling better? Love, Mom

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb