Mackinac Island 2013


Advertisement
Published: August 31st 2013
Edit Blog Post

After starting my new job this summer our vacation plans have changed. We went to Mackinac Island. I have been there once before with my family and I knew Gielyn would love it. We drove down and back to Thunder Bay where I am currently residing. We also attended some tourist spots in Thunder Bay.



Day 1

We began our trip with the ferry over to the island. Throughout the day we hiked the interior and saw Arch Rock, The Grand Hotel, Skull Cave, the stables, Butterfly house. During the evening we went the Horn's Tavern. This is where we met many friends (one told me an interesting fact about our B&B) ... One of which caught the entire meal and drinks worth of tab...Thank you. We then went to our B&B Small point.



Day 2

We had breakfast and chatted with a family and management at Small Point B&B. Gielyn then treated us to a Spa prior to hiking around the island. We probably should have done that in reverse. We did more hiking, and had an amazing dinner and even better drinks... it was our resort.



Day 3

We started our day by telling Gielyn the interesting news I heard. That was that our B&B was haunted. It was a beautiful place and I am glad we stayed there... and we will again too!... but yes... it was haunted. We then played Putt Putt on the nicest green i have ever seen. We shopped to our hearts content, purchasing all sorts of sweets. We took the ferry back to the mainland. It was a great mini vaca.



On the way back we stopped into Wawa and hung out with the goose. we also stopped into an Alpaca Farm and Shop outside of Thunder Bay. During the days we were in Thunder Bay I flew to Kenora and met the Snow Birds. We swam and visited Kekabeka Falls. We also went to Old Historical Fort William. It was a great summer vacation.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb